Detroit Public Safety Academy, in partnership with our community, will provide a safe, innovative and nurturing environment where students are valued and treated with dignity and respect as staff prepare and engage them in meaningful, differentiated learning experiences that will promote distinguishable character and workforce success, particularly in the public safety arena.
Points of Pride
• Dual enrollment career opportunities: Firefighter, EMT, Public/Private Security and Criminal Justice
• Graduate with an associate's degree in criminal justice, as a state-certified Firefighter, or a certified emergency medical technician
• Safe, nurturing learning environment
• Individualized support for students
• Dynamic, interactive curriculum: Intro to Robotics, Entrepreneurship, Music/Band and AP courses
• Mentorship Program
Detroit Public Safety Academy is offering a new program that allows students to graduate with enough college credits to earn an associate's degree while earning a high school diploma in criminal justice or a certification in public/private security. Our students will also earn participation hours with the Detroit Police Department while having the opportunity to learn about different career paths upon graduation.